In a world of increasing anxiety over global warming, the crisis in the middle east over oil and forest conservation it seems it was only a matter of time before this was going to happen. Yes folks, you heard it here first: Elon Musk and his Tesla company are near completion of the first ever battery powered smoker, with a prototype to come later this year. The best part is: It’s zero emission!
Here are a few quick hits on what’s known today:
- It will meet US standards for a Transitional low-emission vehicle (TLEV)
- It will reduce pollutants considered in the Air Pollution score which are:
- Battery life will exceed 18hrs, making it possible to smoke everything from chicken to whole brisket packers on one charge
- A 5ft x 5ft charging doc will be included, which will fit nicely into the corner of any yard
- Pricing will be somewhere between $27,000 and $30,000
- Spare batteries can be purchased separately for about $3700
- Did we mention it’s zero emission?
For now, that’s about all we hear other than TSLA (Tesla’s trading symbol) is up 6% on the news. It’s obvious the excitement and buzz is out there, now it’s up to Tesla to deliver as consumers expect.
….This story is progressing, we will update you are events unfold….