Combining the outdoor fire with the convenience of the slow cooker is something I’ve been toying with this past year. pay for essay writing This latest recipe combines the wonderful grilled taste of the delicious brat with the slow cooker’s ability to infuse beer flavor into both the brat and some peppers and onions! Grill, meat, beer…what more can a guy want! The recipe is perfect if you have a busy afternoon or are preparing for a tailgate or gameday party.
- Total prep time is 30min.
- Slow cook time is 6 hours.
- Total time is 6hrs 30min.
Here’s what you need for this simple, yet extremely tasty dinner!
- 10 pork or turkey brats
- 1 large sweet onion
- 1 large green pepper
- 1 large red pepper
- 2 beers of your choice (dark beers work well)
- 10 fresh made hoagie buns
Follow these directions:
- Prepare a grill for direct cooking at 400 degrees. I used my Weber Genesis Gas grill for this cook.
- Prepare a slow cooker and set it to low.
- Slice half of the onion, green and red peppers and put them in the slow cooker, like so:
- Next, slice the remaining onion and peppers and set them aside
- On your prepared direct grill, cook the sausages until they are brown on all sides, but don’t let them burst. You don’t need to cook them all the way through, just brown them and start the cooking process
- Once that is complete, add the sausages to the crockpot:
- Now add the remaining peppers and pour the two beers into the slow cooker, then cover and simmer for 6 hours