As sad as it is for us to do, the time has come for the Lil’ Chub to find a new, loving home. As many of you know, this cooker has been a member of the Hot Grill on Grill Action family for nearly 8 years now. It has served us well, but with the toy hauler we use now to carry us around the country, we just don’t have the heart to let it sit without getting the use it deserves.
[eshop_show_product id=”1119″ panels=”yes” form=”yes”]
It’s Finally Arrived! The long awaited “Book on Competition BBQ”by Hot Grill on Grill Action BBQ Team (2011 NE State Champions, 2011 “Jack” Invitation, 2011 American Royal Invitation) As seen on:
- In this book, we are going to show you, step by step, everything we have learned over many years of competition, giving away every “secret” we have. Though they are included, we share far more than recipe secrets in this book. You’ll learn how to find and enter a contest, what equipment to bring, what recipes we often use and others you should try, what woods to use and enough information about them to make your own informed decisions, how the judging process works, the timeline of a contest, how to compete for little to no money, our strategies to gain a competitive edge, the power of taste and most importantly….how to have FUN!
Here we go folks. Sorry for the delay and thanks to those that reminded us we haven’t provided the update from the our last competition. Thankfully, things have been a little hectic for Hot Grill on Grill Action lately.
Overall Ranking: 12 out of 43
Chicken: 13th place
Ribs: 2nd place
Pork: 15th place
Brisket: 27th place
Congratulations to the Reserve and Grand Champions!
Grand Champion: Spitfire
Reserve Champion: Brew “N” Bar-B-Que
And another congratulations to Moe Cason with Ponderosa BBQ. He came in 7th overall. Despite our crap talk, Moe got us again. We’ll getcha next time big guy!
BREAKING NEWS; It’s official, Our BBQ Team Hot Grill on Grill Action was selected for Season 2 of TLC’s reality show “BBQ Pitmasters”. Ryan Amys, Matt Frampton, Logan Hendrickson, and Chris Yelick will be paired against the top BBQ chefs in the nation on the premier episode. I can promise you that the competition will be fierce and the show packed with not only the highest level BBQ, but also many twists, turns, suspense, and unforgettable moments.
. Make sure to tune into TLC on Thursday, August 12th at 10:00 (9:00 CST) and root us on!!!
Update 4/21/2010: We’re not getting our hopes up….but we have officially be picked as a finalist for the show! We have sent in the additional requested information….and are hoping for the best. This would be a trip!
Check it out everyone…..we’re doing everything we can to bring “BBQ Pitmasters-Season 2″ on TLC to Omaha this year. Join the group “Hot Grill on Grill Action BBQ team” on Facebook and check for updates and events surrounding this!!!
For now….enjoy our audition!!!
This recipe took 8th Place in the Springfield days BBQ Comp
- 1 pork butt (big 8lbs or so)
- Heat Smoker using favorite rig and fuel source
- Butter Brine, recipe follows
- Vampire Killer Marinade, recipe follows
- Dry Rub, recipe follows
- Mop Spray, recipe follows
- Barbeque Sauce, recipe follows
Smoke @ 225 degrees F on your favorite RIGGGGGG.
Inject the pork butt with brine about every 2-inches and then rub with marinade and dust with dry rub. Let sit for at least 2 hours (up to 6). Put the butt on the smoker get crackin’ on the cook!